Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 49

Inspired by the kids yesterday, and by calling in a reservation to stay at a hostel in Manchester in 2 days I decided to do a 19 mile day. Not much else exciting happened so I'll talk about how hiking is now that I left NH and Maine. Outside of Hanover I came across a hill according to the terrain profile it was about 800 ft. of climbing. So I get to the hill go up along an nice, easy, gentle graded, switch backed slope for about 400 ft. and a mile. Then I hit what looks like the steep part. I can see the top and the trail starts going straight up to the top. Now this is what I'm used to. So I take a pee, synch my straps down, have a drink of water and start the long hard trek up the mountain. About 40 yards later the damn thing switchbacks. Welcome to the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment