Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 21

Wake up to a mostly clear day and plan to do a 12 mile day while hitting the town of Rangely to resupply. Went over the two mountains I was supposed to do yesterday with no issues, and no real views due to clouds. Made it the 8 miles into Rangely easily and stocked up. As I was getting ready to leave town it starts to rain, and rain hard. So I arrange a ride out with one of the local outfitters and start my hike to the campsite. About half a mile from the trail there was a camp group sitting in the middle of the trail hiding under a tarp. Made it the 12 miles to the tent site easily but it had rained so hard all the sites except one was flooded out. I decided that since it was early enough and there was only 4.6 miles to go to the next shelter I decided to just push on. I was about 1/2 a mile from the shelter, didn't know it at the time though, when I hear a loon calling out. Now at this time it was starting to get dark, raining and thick clouds everywhere. It was a very eerie sound, but a good one cause it meant there was a pond nearby which meant the shelter wasn't far. When I make it to the shelter I run into Wallaby again. He had taken a 0 in Rangely after his big push earlier so he could better arrange his hiking to meet up with his father. Spaceman, Scott, and Amen were there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment