Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 24

Arranged the slack pack out of Andover. My thinking was it would take me about 5 hours to do the 10 miles between the drop off and pick up location. The guy that runs the hostel in Andover suggested that it would take closer to 7 due to the terrain and trail conditions. So I arranged for the pack switch to take place at 2 pm rather than 12. Turns out my estimate was right. Luckily there was a nobo that had cellphone service and was able to call the hostel for me. So I only had to wait 45 min. Slackpacking was super easy I went up and down steep 3000+ slopes without having to take breaks. When I got my pack back I had planned to push on for another 8 miles but the weather wouldn't cooperate. Another thunderstorm blew in and I wasn't going to do the 2.5 miles above treeline in a storm.
for slackpacking when there are those that walked with 40 lb. packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment