Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 29

My first zero. Very lazy day I sat around reading a book until 2 then I headed into town with another sobo, Puck he carries a hockey stick, for the fourth of july festivities. It was perfect. The quintessential New England town festivities. The mayor opened up with a speech about how the had the longest running 4th celebration. Followed by the miss something all decked out and wearing her I'm pretty sash singing the national anthem. There was a parade, a small town carnival with all the small carnival rides like the zipper. I of course pigged out on all the fried food like a good through hiker. All topped off with the local cover band and fireworks. A great day to take a zero. It even thunderstormed in the evening so I didn't feel bad about not hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment