Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 33

Another short day planned as I wanted to stay at the Lake in the clouds hut. It was supposed to have the best views in the whites. Unfortunately it was cloudy and rainy the whole time I was hiking so I skipped doing mt.Adams and Jefferson. I also misread a sign and took the mt. Washington traverse instead of the peak trail so I had to do an extra 2 miles and had to backtrack to hit the peak. Which of course was cloudy. On the way down the mountain my shoe lace broke which made trying not to slip on the wet and very slippery rocks a serious challenge. The huts have minor resupplies which include shoe laces so I got that fixed at the Lake hut. There was a brief 30 minute window where the sun popped out and I had the gorgeous view. I was not the only through hiker there were four nobos and a sobo couple I had not encountered before.

No comments:

Post a Comment