Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 45

So I had two days to get to Killington after the short day yesterday. There were no fun fields full of berries today but I did hit a farm which was selling fresh made mixed berry pie. It was only a 6" pie but I total devoured it, so delicious. I stayed at a cabin on top of a mountain which had some incredible views. The cabin owners leave it open for hikers and have built a lookout platform on the roof. I actually had a clear day and could see the sunset and rise the next day from up there. Not much more happened today so I'll tell a story to freak dad out which I found amusing. The other day when I was having blueberry feast I had my first tick crawl on me. The amusing part was I was less then 1 mile from Lyme, NH. The epicenter of sorts for the Lyme outbreak. It was just a dog tick not a deer tick though so even if I hadn't felt it as soon as it started crawling on me I wouldn't have gotten Lyme from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment