Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 23

I was still planning on pushing on to the second road to Andover so I had another 13 mile day planned. It was yet another cold, wet, rainy day and I made it to the first Andover road right around lunch time. Right after the road was another "Brook" fording so I decided to stop for a bite to eat before dealing with the thigh deep fording. As I was packing up after lunch a truck rolls up and offers me a ride to town. I took it. The thought of a nice hot shower and a warm bed sounded nicer. The place I stayed offers a slackpack, basically means I hike with only a day pack with water and a snack, service between the two roads for $6. So I decided to do that on the next day. There was a local diner in town that was offering a 20 oz prime rib dinner that night for $17. I ate the whole thing easily. The hiker hunger had finally kicked in the previous day.

For Prime Rib, when there are those that eat Mcdonalds McRibs.

No comments:

Post a Comment