Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 20

Set out to do a long 17 mile day over 3 more 4k+ mountains. Beautiful morning with great hiking weather. But I could start to feel what the summer was going to be like. It was upper 70's with high humidity so going up these "big" peaks had me dripping sweat. I made it about 8.5 miles to the first 3600 ft peak when I hear some thunder and start to feel the temps drop. When I make it over the peak I see a thunderstorm about 20 miles to the left. I dash over the bald mountain top practically running the half mile over the peak and head for the next campsite in the saddle between two mountains. So only did a 11 mile day. When I get to the campsite there is a cute young couple who just graduated from VT. The were doing the hike with a brand new puppy. The pup was only 10 weeks old at this point and they had been hiking with it for a month. They mostly have it stuffed into their pack but let it out to hike with them occasionally. It was supper cute.

    Positive Thought of the day: For puppies because there people without puppies

No comments:

Post a Comment