Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 47

Off to town. I had a short half mile hike to get to Killington. So after sticking around the Lodge until 9 I headed over to the Killington Post Office only to find out that I didn't have a package there after all. Very much not happy about that and I'm going to be calling Black Diamond up via phone to sort that out. I then did the 4 miles on the trail to the junction to Rutland which was a much bigger town and managed to get a hitch with another hiker named Shepard. I had run into Shepard before up in Hanover when he dropped Stinky Jesus off. Shepard is having a very interesting hike he's hitched like 60 times to get off trail and do some Contra style dancing. Since he's hit NJ where he's from he picked up his truck and is now doing section hikes. He was nice enough to drive me down to the local outfitter where I picked up a new pair of Leki brand hiking poles as well as some gators. I've done a few other gear changes which I will go over once I hit Manchester Center where dad is supposed to hopefully be sending me my summer sleeping bag and pants. I then watched a terribly amazing movie, Pacific Rim, which Shepard was supposed to join me for but he was in the middle of his work for stay when it started. I then did a short 2 mile hike to the next shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment