Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 44

Had to either do a 25+ day today and a 20ish day tomorrow to make it to Killington before the post office closed on Saturday. Since in theory my replacement hiking poles would be there, even though I've not received a response to my email saying to send them there. Or I had to do three shorter days and get to Killington on Monday. I'll let you guess what I did. I did get up early and try to do the 25 mile day but it was by far the hottest day yet. They said the temps were in the upper 90's and low 100's counting in humidity. So at 2 when I roll up to a nice shelter with a water source that falls off a 3 ft rock ledge and forms a perfect shower I called it a day. I sat under that shower for a good 20 minutes until I started freezing then setup my tent and took a 2 hour nap. On my hike there I ran through a field with raspberries as far as the eye could see. I pigged out more on raspberries, which I never really liked before but am now of a different opinion, then I did on the blueberries the other day. I think it was cause they were cool, moist, and vine ripened which made the difference in me liking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment