Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 26

The Mahoosuc notch lived up to it's reputation. One mile straight of bouldering. Malia, Heather, and Sean would thoroughly enjoy it. Very much reminded me of canyoneering without the repelling. I had a great time doing it. Definitely made the right choice waiting for the nothing and fresh legs. It was very cool, literally, there was still snow and ice down under the boulders and when the wind blew through the notch it was like air conditioning.
After the Mahoosuc notch I had another 8 miles to go to reach my shelter for the night. Pretty easy trail once I got back up on the ridge. There was a big dangerous trap up there according to the nobo's I ran into. It seems some of the bog bridges had sunk into the bogs and you couldn't tell where the next one was. One nobo I saw had fallen into the big waist deep. He was a very unhappy hiker. I took it slow and probed out the bridges using my poles so I survived the trap with only soaking wet nasty boggy shoes and socks. So no different from any other day in maine.
At this point I'm going to stop pointing out the fact that it rained every day and just say when out doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment