Thursday, May 8, 2014

May 4th fred canyon to mnt laguna cmgrd

Started out pretty early so we could make the 10 mile hike up to mount laguna. It was a cute little town with a restaurant, outfitter, and general store. I hiked solo sinfe Andy the guy I hiked with yesterday,  got an earlier start than je since he didn't use a tent. Definitely going to try that the next clear day. Was a beautiful morning with great views.  I was a bit worried about my water supply since there was none where we camped last night. The morning was cool enough that I was able to walk all 10 miles to laguna with only 1 liter. I made a quick trip to the outfitters to grab the essentials of my lost first aid kit.  The restaurant was having a sloppy joe special so I got that instead of the usual hamburger. I then hung around the restaurant with the other PCT hikers until 330 to let the temperature cool. I then hiked 5 miles to the mount laguna campground. I had a hard time with this stretch.  I was on an exposed ridge in a burnt section with a strong cold wind blowing the whole time. By the time I got to the campground I was shivering and exhausted. I didn't even go looking for the other hikers. I just set up the tent and went straight to bed. I should have cooked dinner since it would have helped warm me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment