Thursday, May 8, 2014

May 3rd lake moreno to fred canyon

I ended up sleeping in, ie I got up at 7 am. By then almost all the other hikers were gone. I was planning on doing a short day to recover and didn't get out of camp till 9. After hiking a little ways I ran into another hiker who had already done 5 miles so we decided to hike together since we were planning on stopping at the same place. Compared to yesterday today was uneventful. The temperature wasn't too bad topping out around 90 but I am not even close to being aclimated to it yet. At lunch time we stopped off at a campground where a trail angel was set up with a cooler full of cold beverages. I ended up hanging out listening to the trail angels stories until it cooled down. We then hiked on to fred canyon for an easy 12 mile day.

No comments:

Post a Comment