Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 18th big bear to little bear springs camp

I got up early so I could make it to an infamous trail restaurant, The Grizzly Manor. They are famous for their enormous pancakes and delicious breakfast. They have a pancake challenge that requires you to eat 5 pancakes in under an hour. Only 3 people have completed it. They are featured on the Food Network as one of the top 10 best places to eat out of 101 restaurants. Not sure how that works but the food was great. After breakfast I got back on the trail and decided to hike 20 miles to a nice campsite with water. Along the way I ran into a hiker, Eleven, I had met and chatted with at the whitewater preserve. She had hiked the AT NOBO last year and was planning on hiking to the same camp as me and we leapfrogged each other through out the day. The hike was beautiful. We went up on a ridge with great views of Big Bear Lakes. Then a little bit down the trail we entered a burnt section that was well on its way to recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment