Thursday, May 29, 2014

May 27 north ranger station to hiker haven

Another nice easy day today. Just got 18 miles to the town of Agua dulce.  The first 10 miles were soy easy and uneventful that I don't really recall them. I made it to a KOA at that point and they sold ice cream, had a pool and hot tub, could get pizza delivered and we could stay for only 10$. I was very tempted and after deliberating until 12 I decided that I needed to get to town and get set up for the Sierra.
So I set out in the desert during the hottest part of the day just to prove a point. I like the heat, I really do, but that would have been too much for me if there wasn't a nice little breeze that would show up every once in a while. On the way to town there was a neat state park with some strange rock formations.

Once I got to town I went straight to the supermarket and bought 4 different types of fruit. They didn't have any good chocolate milk so I had to settle for a root beer float.

Some local trail angels have a hostel setup in town called hiker haven. It lives up to it's name. There must have been 30 hikers there when I arrived. The atmosphere was great and the owners, the Saufleys, were extremely nice. They have cots setup for the hikers to use almost all of them are in the west side of the property and clumped together. I got lucky since I arrived after the heat when most of the previous days hikers were starting out I got a pick of the cots, mine was situated away from all the others on a hill so I had some quite.

No comments:

Post a Comment