Monday, October 28, 2013

Day 138

My full moon hike worked sorta. I ended up staying at the shelter until 4 am instead of hiking on at 10 pm. The folks in the shelter I was trying to nap at tried to let me sleep but with 6 of them there and the sun still up it wasn't going to happen. When I got going it was really nice. The moon was bright enough for me to follow the trail but not bright enough to avoid the obstacles so I had to use my headlamp. When I made it to fontana the local resort offers a shuttle to their store and restaurants. It took them an hour and a half to get me. I was freezing the whole time. There was a breeze coming off the lake which made it really cold. Once got up to the resort I did my resupply and had a nice lunch. It was only 1 so I got a ride back to the trail and hiked on. I eventually reached a camp spot where there were other sobos! I had met trooper and#2 up in the shenandoahs when they were slack packing. We hung out talked story, it was nice having company.

1 comment: