Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 123

Thanks to the long day yesterday I had a nice simple 18 mile day to get to a hostel. I planned to hit a hostel since the remnants of hurricane karen was supposed to roll in tonight. The 18 miles was easy, beautiful, and annoying at the same time. The annoying part was the hardest part of the day was a stupid 7 mile hike up over a 1700 ft. pointless up and down at the end of the day.
The pretty part was the lake, dam, morning view, and waterfall.
I hadn't planned on staying at bob peoples place, I just wanted to stop by and say hi before going to a different hostel that sold ice cream. When I got to bob's place there was a guy there, fat chap, helping bob out. Chap had been the caretaker at the hikers welcome in nh just south if the whites. He told me that an old hiker had stocked the fridge with free pizza and ice cream. That plus free shower and laundry and a $6 a night donation and I decided to stay. Right at dark hatterfox hiked in and I threw the last free pizza into the oven for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment