Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 115

Started the day out with a nice hike up a hill chatting with JJ. After a bit he started to fall further and further behind. I didn't think much of it since he had wanted to make it to the barn in the morning with me. That change once I got on top of chestnut knob. It was gorgeous. Half bald with a shelter on it. I knew jj was going to stop here based on his new philosophy. The next three miles of hiking was just as nice. Walking along an old orchard with perfect views of the east. I kept hiking cause I really wanted to make it to atkins and the barn for the all you can eat sunday buffet. I had planned to hike to a camp spot rather than a shelter since I had to make the barn by 1, but the last shelter, knot maul shelter, had been given the nick name darth maul shelter so I had to let the geek in me win and camp there.

No comments:

Post a Comment