Monday, October 28, 2013

Day 134

Woke up to a beautiful misty day. Not wet enough to get my tent wet but enough to keep me from having a view on max patch. It was supposed to have great views of the smokies. I lazed around in my tent for a bit and heard someone walk by around 8. Figuring it was one of the folks from the packed shelter from the night before I pretended I was still asleep. Turns out it was an '09 hiker, Grommet, that was out for a few days to start getting her trail legs back in preparation for a pct hike next spring. When I caught up to her we hiked and chatted the rest of the day. It was really nice having company again. Turns out the government had just reopened and I could legally hike though the smokies. So all the weeks of worry were of no point. I wasn't really worried since I had heard from other sobos that the rangers were ignoring through hikers and only kicking out cars and weekenders. But it was still nice to have my 20$ pointless scrap of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment