Monday, October 28, 2013

Day 137

Today I had a nice easy hike planned followed by a nap then a full moonlight night hike to fontana. Last night was the actual full moon but the sky was cloudy when I went to bed. It cleared up in the middle of the night so I'm sure Trashcan had a great full moon hike when he left at 4:30. The hiking today was amazing. Perfectly blue skies with not a cloud in sight. When I got to thunderhead mountain I saw this:

as I settled down fire lunch I heard some people singing on the next mountain top. It seems that is rocky top which is a fight song for the university of tennessee. So some tenn fans were up there celebrating their win. Which worked out for me since they hooked me up with food. Here are a few more pics from rocky top:



When I got to the shelter where I planned my nap there were already people there. I should have just gone and set my tent up but tried and failed to nap. So I didn't get to sleep till 8 which meant I didn't go night hiking at 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment