Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 127

I got up late, well I got up at 7 but didn't leave my sleeping bag till 930. That was fine since I was only planning on hiking 17 miles. I didn't even do that much. Unlike yesterday there was no views today, it was foggy and overcast all day. When I was 2 miles from the shelter I was going to stay at I ran into a guy doing trail magic. Surprisingly it was a guy I had met back up in dalton ma. He had told me to keep an eye out for his van down here in tn and there it was. It seems he used to run a hiker hostel in dalton before moving down here, one I had heard of along with him before, and was now giving trail magic out and offering a place to stay for hikers. I took him up on his offer and am glad I did. The guys name is rob bird and is just a super nice guy, chain smokes but I can put up with that for a free warm bed, hot shower and clean clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment