Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 102

Wow I hadn't realized how far back it was since I last updated this. I've had really bad reception lately and have had other priorities when hitting towns. I know excuses excuses. Either way I'll do my best to get caught up now.
RJ had packed enough food for him to hike to Daleville without needing a resupply. I was feeling weaker then him so I had planned on resupplying at Glasgow. In order to make the timing work so I could keep hiking with RJ I decided to do a 21 mile day and head to Glasgow tommorrow while RJ just did a 16 today and an 18 tommorrow. This would just leave me 3 miles behind him after a town stay and resupply. Hiking out of the shelter I noticed something that I had missed the previous night... a hornets nest right next to the trail
 They were still sleeping or frozen since it was freezing again last night. The day turned into a perfect hiking weather and up on Cold mountain it was actually rather nice and I got some really nice views.
RJ and I split up at the next shelter which was a really pretty one right next to a stream. I had planned on only doing a 21 mile day and camping at a reservoir, but when I got there there were signs everywhere saying no camping. So I hiked on to the next shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment