Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 116

After surviving the night all alone at the darth maul shelter I got up super early, 6 am, so I could make the hike to Atkins where the barn resturant was serving a sunday buffet between 11-2. The hike was easy and uneventful and I covered the 14 miles by 1230. After eating a filing but dissapointing lunch I decided I had enough time to make it to the partnership shelter which is supposed to be one of the nicest shelters on the trail. Along the way I got treated to a beautiful view.

The shelter didn't disappoint. It's a huge two story deal with a shower and hot water. Also the main reason I wanted to make it here was to complete my trifecta of staying at shelters where you can order pizza from. I wasn't even hungry but it had to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment