Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 107

We woke up to a very foggy day.
Which was really unfortunate since we were going up over McAfee's Knob. McAfee's Knob is one of the prettier and most photographed spots on the trail. Its got this great overlook that makes it look like you are standing on a rock in the sky. Unfortunately due to the fog I missed that overlook. I went to the one right before it and took this fun picture 
Then hiked on cause I didn't want to waste my time looking at fog at the iconic spot. In my defense I didn't know it was the iconic spot at the time. At the bottom of the hill RJ's family was there waiting for us. They took us to a local legendary restaurant called the homeplace which has an AYCE southern style dinner. It was delicious. After that they put us up in a motel room. It was so nice getting a hot shower and clean laundry again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment