Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 118

What an amazing day. Perfect weather while hiking over one of the nicest spots on the trail, grayson highlands. My plan was to do a nice easy day to wise shelter which was right before the highlands than go over them in the morning with the sun rising. That didn't work out. There were signs everywhere saying wise shelter had a very aggressive bear. I had heard that the bear had been caught but didn't run into anyone all day that could confirm or deny that. So once I got to wise shelter, 500 mile left point btw, and it was only 5 and there was only 5 miles to the next shelter I decided to just push on. I had some fantastic views up there with the evening light. The ponies which the highlands are famous for completely ignored me. But I did get some good pictures of some friendly baby cows. I made it to the shelter right at dark and there was only two other people there. This was another reason I had planned to start at wise the shelter I spent the night at is only 1 mile from mt. rogers which is virgina's highest point so it's usually very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment