Saturday, May 20, 2017

Welcome to Kansas I mean western Kentucky

Miles of flat farmland with a strong wind and high heat. That's what I picture when I think of Kansas. That is what I experienced today.
1000 miles! I've now covered 1000 miles on this trip  since leaving my house counting all the side trips. Actual trail miles is only like 900 but I've had a few detoursand bonus miles added on.










Early in the morning I ran into two more cyclists. I knew they were around since on my way out of Berea I had been told they were only any hour or two ahead of me but after two days with no sign I didn't think I'd encounter them.
We stuck together for the day. Eventually crossing the timezone. Having an extra hour of riding was nice but we reached out destination, a nice campground on a lake by 4pm local time. Calling it a day so early seemed off to me but since I had company and only had 46 miles tomorrow I figured why not.

1 comment: