Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Storms again

Today's mileage 30ish.

Sigh yet another post complaining about the weather. Rain and thunderstorms were the forecast for the day. It started around 3 am and kept raining until around 930. I got out of Damascus around 1045 when it looked like the storms were going to be just north of my route. Today's ride was actually pleasant for the time I was out there.

I had three bail points at 20, 30, and 50 miles available if the storms came back. Which they did. Right after I got to a church hostel at the 30 mile point. I had planned on just stopping by to check out their trail register, turns out I just missed another cyclist today. As I was getting ready to ride on I decided to check the weather one more time, and it was a good thing I did. There was a storm cell with red  color heading directly for me. Within an hour it arrived and there was a lightning strike a little over 1 second away from the church.

1 comment:

  1. About how many cyclists ride do this ride every year?

    ReplyDelete