Monday, May 8, 2017

To Blacksburg and zeros

The app ate my posts so here is a summary. 

Yet another gorgeous ride along a river valley through Virginia farm country. The weather was perfect just warm enough to be comfortable but cold enough that I never broke a sweat. The wind from yesterday was still around but I'm starting to get used to it.




Except for a big climb into Blacksburg the entire ride was just little rolling hills. They were just the right size. The downhills were long enough to allow my legs to recover and steep enough to give me momentum to make 3/4th the way up the next one. The uphills were steep enough to require low gear but not steep enough for max granny gear.
I have a college friend in Blacksburg I got a hold of and talked into letting me hang out for a day off and some hiking. After the surprise trip up to Harrisonburg I have been taking it easy and moving slow. Only doing 40-50 miles a day. The slow pace and effortless riding meant my body didn't really need a zero but there are no more friends between here and Colorado so I might as well enjoy the company while I can.
The first zero was only a zero from biking. I ended up taking my friend wife on a hike yup McAfee's knob. When I did the AT the overlook was fogged out so I wasn't able to get a picture from the top.
The second zero was hanging out watching movies and doing town chores. I spent a lot of time trying to get rid of my old Sprint phone. When I switched to Verizon I wasn't able to get rid of it until I got my final bill. I didn't get that until I started riding so I've been carrying my old phone this whole time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment