Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Trees down and many miles

So yesterday's storm knocked a few trees down and had debris all over the road. The road itself wasn't all that bad but the shoulder was covered in bits of trees. Not that big a deal but they would cover up the actual dangerous items like broken glass, rusty nails, and metal shards that I normally would see on the shoulder. Unfortunately the picture I took of the debris didnt come out since I was playing with my camera last night and had the settings all messed up. I eventually figured out what  the issue was but by then most of the debris had blown away.

Not much to say about today's ride other than I put some tracks down. Seriously made some miles. All told I did 86 miles with a buncha hills mixed in. I was feeling good enough at the end of the day that I was contemplating going for my first century but the guys ahead said the next section has some nasty hills. Additionally the town I was in supposidly would let you camp in the city park or fair grounds. This was contrary to every sign I saw in the parks and I couldn't get a hold of anyone from the city or police to confirm. Whatever, I was tired and just setup camp inside a park pavilion and figured if they wanted to kick me out they would.


No comments:

Post a Comment