Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Goodbye Appalachia

Got my 2nd rabies shot early this morning then hit the road. Or that was the plan anyway. I didn't actually get moving until 11. It was a "short" day of only 46 miles to the next city. There were no more big hills just nice easy rolling hills. You go up 30 ft. You go down 30 ft. All day long nice and gentle like. The patches of farmland with lots of forests became lots of farmland with patches of forests. The traffic was light to non existent. When I did encounter it the drivers were courteous and patient. There were no dogs to speak of. I did  encounter a few here or there but their driveways were so long that by the time the dogs reached the road I was out of their territory. There was one sad dog note, about 10 miles outside of Berea I saw a dead dog on the side of the road. A simple leash and the doggie would still be alive. Ah well.
The day ended up being hotter than I expected but I was lucky enough to find a new unlisted tail angle right at the hottest part of the day who had shade and water setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment