Monday, May 22, 2017

Hello Illinois

If all of Kentucky was like today I'd never want to leave. But it's so goodbye and good riddance. The easy riding from yesterday continued and I finished the 50 miles to get out of Kentucky buy noon. I think I was ready to leave that state.
The ferry across the Ohio river was running for free so I didn't have to caulk my bike and float it. It took me to the amazing town of cave in a rock which you'll never guess what they feature.


Illinoisians have an amazing naming sense cause up next was the river road and tomorrow tunnel hill.
I don't know what it is but there is something around here that I'm allergic to.   The last few days around 3pm it feels like someone took a brillo pad to my throat. I've got some zyrtec and took some of that and we'll see if the issue goes away. Along those lines I got something in my right eye which seriously irritated it. It was so bad that I couldn't even ride. The next town I got to didn't have anyplace I could stop so I had to do 6 more miles riding with one eye.
I was a bit worried about that town since there was a sign on the road saying there was a campground but I couldn't find anything about it anywhere. There was a really nice campground right on the Ohio river. Definitely the nicest spot I've camped yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment