Saturday, May 20, 2017

Sifting gears

Easy. That is the only way to describe today's ride. Nice easy rolling hills. The only difficult part was trying to figure out the correct gear to use. I think I shifted more times. Today than in all of eastern Kentucky.

Today was a great day for touristing. First off was Lincoln's ancestral home??? Wtf its a replica of a house his dad lived in for a few years. Waste of time. The cabin was neat though since it was replicated in traditional style. Next up was the makers mark distillery. Neat especially watching them put the wax on the bottles by hand and their new customized bourbon barrels. Finally was Lincoln's boyhood home. Another reproduction, disappointing. However I ended up camping there and spent a couple hours sitting on a park bench watching a sea of fireflies blinking. If the park wasn't lit up like a pro sports field I would say it's the best place to go watch fireflies. I was very tempted to hit the light switch to get a better firefly experience but that might have got me in trouble since I wasn't supposed to be camping there.

No comments:

Post a Comment