Saturday, August 8, 2015

Jackson to road 538

We took our time getting out of town. First we had to goto the farmers market and buy more food, then we were offered a ride to the trail but not until 1. Since it wasn't a straight forward hitch we decided to wait. On the ride up Beads got a call saying a pair of dogs and horses would be put down unless she was able to do something. So she went back to town and I was heading into the wilderness by myself. For the first time since I had shin splints way back in April I'd be camping/hiking solo.
I set an aggressive schedule needing to average 25 miles a day plus an extra 20 miles to make it to south pass city to meet my sister by the 8th. Whatever miles I make today would be make the rest of this stretch easier. I wanted to cover at least 10 miles to get away from the problem bear area. I ended up making it 15 miles to a nice clump of trees over looking a valley. Not bad for such a late start.

No comments:

Post a Comment