Sunday, August 16, 2015

A&M reservoir to Rawlins

Not much to say about this. I was sore from yesterday's ride but not too bad considering I did 78 miles on a gravel road after not riding a bike in 2 years. The ride was nice with the first 15 miles on a gravel road then switching to an asphalt road for another 16 miles before jumping onto a highway for the rest of the route to rawlins. When I got to the asphalt I inflated my tires up to 70 psi and I'm glad I did. It seems I had been riding with my tires under inflated the whole time. I thought I had them at 40 but must have lost some air taking of the pump yesterday cause the back was at 25. No wonder I was feeling so slow. Riding on asphalt with properly inflated tires was so nice. I made it to rawlins in no time. Only to find there were almost no rooms to rent in the hotels. I had to get an expensive room just to get a place to stay. Ah well I needed a good night's rest since I hadn't stayed in town since Jackson 9 days ago. One expensive hotel room every 10 days I can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment