Saturday, May 2, 2015

Still in silver city

I was very close to hiking out today. I am feeling much better, but I'm still not healed enough. I got up planning to hike today and walked a mile to the local donut shop for breakfast. I didn't have any real pain and my muscle wasn't seizing up but there was still soreness as well as the old rubber band feeling.

The thing that worried me was the rubber band feeling. If it was just pain I'd have hiked. The rubber band feeling isn't normal. The issue I'm having is my muscle has felt basically the same for the last three days. There was less pain today and when I went to Walmart the other day the muscle slightly seized up. So its obviously better. But that was a more strenuous walk. The thing I'm questioning is if resting is doing anything for it anymore. The difference between two days ago and today wasn't really noticeable.

I could probably hiked without a problem, but then again I might not. Next is the longest stretch in new Mexico between resupply. I decided to take two more days off to see if the rubber band feeling will go away.

Really what it boiled down to is time. I have time. There is still snow in Colorado. Getting there sooner won't be a big advantage. Walking through snow is tiring and slow. The longer I take to get there means less snow. On the flip side is its getting hotter and dryer every day I sit around.

No comments:

Post a Comment