Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pie town zero

I have to wait until Monday for the post office to be open. So I'm now taking my 11th zero.

Pie Town is a cute little place. It has 2 pie shops and that's it. Normally the two pie shops aren't open in the same day, but since today was mother's day they were both open. This worked well for me since one was actual food and the other was amazing pie. I had pie at both places but the second was by far better pie.

I had a New Mexico pie at the first place which was good. It's what I had wanted to cook for the last chili cook off at work. A green chilli apple pie but couldn't get any green chilies. They also had pine nuts in the pie since those are another thing New Mexico is known for.

The rest of the day was very relaxed just hanging out chatting. Most of the hikers left in the morning only those that are waiting or healing are still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment