Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 7


Day 7: Woke up to a very cold and rainy day. By far the coldest yet. I need to get a
thermometer just so I know how miserable I should be. I was planning on doing an 11
mile day up and over white top mountain and leaving the group I had been hiking with.
Before starting I did surgery to my boots and cutout the plastic eyeholes above my ankle in the hopes that I would be able to wear them again. I did the first 3.4 miles to the first shelter. It was miserable, cold, wet, and the trail was flooded so bad that the boardwalks that were supposed to keep us out of water were 6 inches below water. After reaching the first shelter I decided that it would be a great idea to make myself a hot cup of cider and have some ramen as a pick me up from the cold and wet. That was not a great idea after all. In the time it took for the water to boil I lost all my body heat and couldn't get it back. I ended up just setting up camp and calling it a day at noon. It worked out though cause the guys I was hiking with stopped there and we talked story for the rest of the day.
Positive Thought of the Day: For walking the AT when others had to swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment