Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 16

Ferry didn't get started till 9 am. The innkeeper kept me at the in until 930 before he would shuttle me to the trail. The delay made me forget mt water bottle at the inn so I had to wait until 1030 for him to bring it out with the next shuttle. While I was waiting I got my first trail magic. There was a nobo who was meeting his family and they had brownies, lemonade, and watermelon on the trail for hikers.
The ferry was uneventful. A guy took us across the river two at a time in a canoe. It was totally needed as the river was waist deep and very fast flow.

I had to do 15 miles to get to my target lean-to. I made it easy, but it was the longest day of the year. Since it was the solstice we made a really big fire and stayed up to late. There were three other guys at the shelter spaceman, ben, and amen. Only one has a trailname.
Positive thought of the Day: For fresh strawberries when there are those that eat freeze dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment