Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 12


Day 12: Monson was on our goal for the day. Just a short sweet 3 mile hike to the
highway were we had a shuttle that would pick us up and take us to the hostel arranged
for 10:30. Even knowing that everyone was up packed and out of the shelter by 7:15.
That actually worked out rather well since Lost�s sponsor sent a camera man down to
take some pics and hike the next stretch of the trail with him. They were a bit worried
since Lost didn�t do his usual check in with the Spot like he usually did and he was so
low on battery. We got a ride down to the hostel where we were treated to a free beer and
pizza. I really needed that long day in town to recharge. The 3 mile hike out was
miserable I slipped twice, one was fairly bad where I hit my left knee on a sharp rock. I
was able to walk on it fine so no real damage done just some skin and muscle. After a
shower, laundry, pizza and beer I was fully recharged and ready to hit the trail again. I
decided to ditch some gear and mailed it back to dad. I got rid of my Ratsack. The wire
mesh that it was made of actually tore holes in some of my food packets so it kinda
defeats the purpose of protecting my food. I also sent back those stupid silk long johns
and 5 fingers. There was something else I sent back but it wasn�t a big deal. Either way I
saved about 3 lb of weight without that stuff.
Positive Thought of the Day: For cars when there are those that walked to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment