Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 6


Day 6: Got a late start trying to figure out my shoes. The boots are still bad for my
ankles, the 5 fingers cause blisters and sore arches, and the slippers are slippers. I decided to cut holes in my dress socks for my toes and use them with the 5 fingers. I was still hanging with the same group of guys and we were going to do a short 8 mile day. Right before we reached the shelter we had to cross the East Fork of the Pleasant River. This was a problem. I have no grip in the 5 fingers since they are meant for road running. When I tried to cross the river I slipped and got swept down stream about 10 ft. At which
point I encountered some logs that I grabbed a hold of and used to get out of the water. Luckily nothing in my pack got wet and the shelter was .3 miles away so I was able to change into the sacred sleeping cloths. I wasn't in any real danger there were 6 people crossing the river at the same time and the flow wasn't that strong. I am lending Lost my left hand hiking pole and my sleeping bag liner. His therapist thought he might have
depression if he used a hiking pole because his left arm would be buff and his right would be still useless. She didn't factor in how much more depressing it is to constantly fall down without the hiking pole. Oh and it rained...
Positive Thought of the Day: For shoes with grip when others walked with 5 fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment