Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 17

Did another 15 mikes but this time over two mountains. I was exhausted after this one. Even more tired than the 19 mile day. Since it's maine it rained while I was hiking. Luckily it cleared up a little but when I got on Avery peak. Got some nice 360 vista shots.

There was a sign up there saying only 2000 miles to go!


I camped in the valley between the two peaks in the mountain. Used my tent for the first time. Decided I need to get faster and figure out a way to set it up without getting wet when I have to set it up in the rain. I had to setup on a wood platform which made it really difficult to stake out. My tent needs to be staked out for proper water proofing. I didn't get the front staked and there was a pool of water waiting for me in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment