Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 2

Started out three day with rain in the forecast. Couldn't find my pack cover and I had to jerry rig something out of my tent footprint. No real issues after that was just a nice easy walk through Baxter park. One slight issue I ran into was a brook crossing. The water looked deep and fast but there was a high water bypass .9 miles down a blue blaze trail. My initial reaction was to just take the blue blaze and be done with it. So I hiked .8 miles down the trail second guessing myself the rest of the way. I finally just turned around hiked back to the trail. Once I got back to the trail I decided that my initial assessment was correct. So I added 1.6 miles on a blue trail for no reason.

I decided to come up with a pearce thought of the day for this trip to help keep spirits up.
For hiking over muddy bogs, when there are those that walk through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment