Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 14


Day 14: The plan was to do 22 miles over 2 mountains so we could stage ourselves for an
early morning 5 mile hike to the river ferry the next morning. That didn�t happen I woke
up early and had an upset stomach. I guess the steak sandwich I had packed out for last
nights dinner had spoiled a bit. I had to stop at the privy�s at each of the lean-to we
passed. I ended up calling it a day at the 13 mile lean-to. My legs felt fine and I had
plenty of time to make the 22 miles but I realized that I wasn�t going to have enough TP
for the 5 day trip. I ran into a really cool old, 71 yrs old, hiker named Froggie Pete that
was attempting to finish his 2nd AT hike. He had finished one 10 years before and
attempted one basically every year since. He had two hikes that he made it over 1500
miles before getting discouraged and stopping. After two failed attempts to start another
through this year he decided to finish his two 1500+ mile hikes by going southbound.
Positive Thought of the Day: For new Trail friends when the old friends are left
behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment