Saturday, June 10, 2017

Pueblo zero

Jim, Bobby, Keith, and I took a day off at Steve and Ina's house. This was the first day off for Jim and Keith and we all needed it after our long rides across Kansas and Missouri. I didn't need a day off but I had some slack in my schedule so I decided to stay with the guys. Riding with other people is so much better than going solo. The problem is finding compatible people to ride with.

Bobby started out riding with a guy from the internet that is doing the Transam and had a terrible experience. They were not compatible at all. I've always thought that trying to do a long distance trip like this with another person requires a marriage level commitment. With the guys I know that we are having a great time and want to hang out but if someone gets bit by a dog or run off the road by a coal truck we can all go our separate ways with no hard feelings.

Anyway the zero was very relaxing. Mostly spent hanging out and talking with the seemingly never ending stream of friends that came over to visit Jim. I guess living in Singapore for 7 years will do that.

The only activities I did all day we patronize the neighborhood girls lemonade stand, great idea since it was in the 90s, and get a hair cut. Since bicycling is a civilized sport I need to maintain a reasonable haircut and shave regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment