Saturday, June 10, 2017

Leoti to Eads

We're not in Kansas anymore. Not that you could tell by the terrain. Remember how I said I didn't know how it could get flatter? Well it did. Seriously how can anywhere be this flat. I love it. Views to the horizon in all directions, not a tree, hill,  or even a creek in sight.

We crossed into Colorado which is bitter sweet since Kansas was so nice. Wide shoulders, flat lands, no traffic, and even a tailwind. Still the mountains are calling and I must go.

So far my impression of Colorado isn't a good one. First off the biting flies are everywhere and aggressive. Thankfully they are slow but I think I stopped for 10 minutes max all day outside. Secondly Colorado welcomed us with a nasty hailstorm. We had already reached our destination and caught up to Alex again, he left us a few days ago to ride a 100. He told us the local motel only charged 40$ for a 2 bed room. We all decided it was too good a deal to pass up. Thankfully we did. A nasty hailstorm reached us as soon as we all got into our rooms. I don't think my tent would have survived that storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment