Friday, June 30, 2017

Dillon to wisdom

I caught up with the others at a gas station where they were having breakfast. Today has us going over two passes then down into the big hole valley. I heard from the guys in front that these passes were more difficult than yesterday's, just cause combined they were longer. After the passes was supposed to be one of the worst mosquito stretches yet.

Turns out both were true. The first pass was short and not to steep but the second one hurt. I think just the cumulative effect of 5000 ft or so just wore me out. The mosquitos didn't bother us while riding but when we stopped in town they were everywhere. Luckily wisdom had setup a nice shelter provided by the American legion with mosquito netting. That gave us a place besides the bar to hang out and eat. Which was desperately needed cause they had freshly baked pie in the bar and I was going to go broke if I lingered there too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment