Friday, July 24, 2015

Sawmill creek to 3 miles from I 15

I can't say it enough. This trail is amazing. According to the northbounders we ran into today's hike was going to be tough. Lots of extremely steep hills to go up and down. They were tough for sure but I thought some of the passes in the Pintler or scapegoat wildernesses were harder. It's probably a direction thing cause there were some steep downs for us. Either way the views more than made up for the difficulty. We spent almost the entire day up high on some medowy mountaintops. Nothing to restrict our views. Just amazing. I took the official route down off the divide and kinda wish I hadn't. The hike was kinda steep but the main problem was the stickers. I don't have gaiters and was wearing shorts. Luckily I am throwing away the shoes tomorrow but I've got to decide what to do with the socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment