Tuesday, July 21, 2015

3 miles north of Morrison lake to Nicholia creek

We camped at a ridge lay night with a great view of the sunset. I normally try to get off ridges to camp in case bad weather rolls in during the night. There was also a huge herd of elk that we woke up to romping around our camp. I've been seeing a lot more elk along the Idaho montana border than I did up north. The Idahoians claim it's the wolves in Montana that are killing off the herds. The hike was very nice. More fantastic views and easy hiking. We ended up camping at an intersection for a shortcut, the official route and a scenic route. I want to do the scenic route which Lee from Darby said has great fossils along with the view. Beads wants to take the shortcut. I said I'd see what the weather was like in the morning and decide then.

No comments:

Post a Comment