Saturday, July 4, 2015

Helena to 7 miles south

The heatwave finally passed, it was still hot in the low 90s but not triple digits anymore. I was getting antsy from all the zeros anyway. We headed back to Helena to resupply, I had to mail 2 packages ahead to towns with poor resupply and fix one of my trekking poles which I had broke the tip off.

After running all that a nice local drove us all back to trail and we hiked. The amazing views we had had for the last few days were gone. We were still hiking the divide but we were mostly walking through forests and not much to see when they thinned out. It was still beautiful but I'm starting to get used to the views so they don't wow me anymore. We managed to hike 7 miles before calling it a day. Our plan was to take it nice and slow for this section so we could be in Anaconda for the 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment