Monday, July 20, 2015

Darby to north fork sheep creek

Got out of Darby by 830. Grim, MeHap, Apache, Nomnom, and Guy all stayed in town for another day. I'm not sure when we'll see them again. They are faster than us but we have an aggressive schedule to finish by mid September.
As usual the hike was amazing. The views just don't stop out here. What we forgot to do in town was check the weather report. That's why we got caught in a cold nasty storm. I was hiking full speed and managed my body temperature that way. But when I'd stop to make sure Beads was OK I'd loose that heat fast. Eventually we got to an intersection, we regroup at intersections to make sure everyone is alright and knows where to go. That's another reason I like hiking with these two. After waiting about 15 minutes and papi didn't show up we got worried. Beads hadn't seen him for 30 minutes before the intersection so we didn't know if he was alright or hypothermic. I was starting to get really cold at this point wearing only my rain jacket, t-shirt, and soaking wet pants. We decided to give him 5 more minutes then I'd go back to look, partly to warm up partly to make sure he was OK. He did show up, he had stopped and put on all his layers except sleeping cloths since he couldn't get warm enough by hiking. About 30 minutes later the rain stopped and the sun came out. That was perfect timing since we could slow down and eat the huckleberries growing down by the creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment